188 West Randolph Street
Forged and constructed in the late 1920s as The Steuben Club Building, the 46 story 188 W. Randolph became the city's unfortunate poster child for building neglect.
Designed by architects Holabird and Root, the historic Marquette Building embodied the design characteristics of large open windows and thinner walls secured to steel structural framing that made the Chicago School of Architecture internationally famous.
30 North Michigan Avenue
A prominent structure along the historic Michigan Avenue "street wall", the white terra cotta clad 30 North Michigan Avenue Building has required extensive façade renovation in recent years.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
Built in the 1920's as the American Furniture Mart, the massive structure was among the largest single-use buildings in the world. Transformed sixty years later into a multi-use residential and commercial building.
Assumption Catholic Church
Although constructed nearly 50 years apart – Assumption Church in the 1880's and Shrine of Our Lady of Pompeii in 1932 – and employing contrasting construction methods and materials, the bell tower of each had deteriorated to the point of danger and needed imminent repair.
1200 North Lake Shore Drive
Designed by the notable firm of Marshall & Fox and constructed in 1913, 1200 Lake Shore Drive remains one of Chicago’s residential jewels. Beginning in 2009, Central embarked on a multi-year project to restore the building’s brick, terra cotta, and limestone facades.