Navy Pier

  • Commercial
  • Brick Repairs & Rebuild
  • 600 East Grand Avenue, Chicago, IL
  • Originaly Built in 1916

Navy Pier first opened in 1916 as a port for both freight and passenger traffic, though it has served many purposes since then. Since its 1995 reintrodutcion to the public as a comercial mixed use venue, the piers’ masonry has largely been unmaintained leaving it in disrepair. Central was engaged to repair and restore the masonry piers and walls adjacent at the newly constructed Offshore Roof Deck Bar, adjacent to the Terminal Building. Work included the dismantling and reconstruction of masonry piers, steel lintel repairs, rebuilds, and tuckpointing of brick and terra cotta.